Looking for an easy appetizer? How about a low carb app that tastes amazing? Yes ma’am! These Bacon Cheeseburger Bites are EASY with a capital E and sure to please everyone! I made these for New Year’s Eve and my boys gobbled them up.
You can customize them to your liking…add lettuce or tomato, leave off the bacon or the cheese if you like. Not sure why you would do such a thing, but you do you. I won’t judge.
Sure, you can make your own meatballs from scratch, but I prefer to keep this appetizer extremely simple by using pre-made, frozen meatballs. They are already cooked, so you just have to assemble and serve!
- 1 Package fully cooked, frozen meatballs
- 1/2 pound of bacon, cooked and cut into 1″ pieces
- Cheese of your choice (I used American), sliced and cut into 1″ squares
- Condiments (mustard, ketchup, mayo, BBQ sauce…whatever floats your boat)
- And anything else you want to add to your burger bites…lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, etc!
If your meatballs are frozen, let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Squirt the condiments of your choice onto your serving platter. This helps the burger bites stay put and not roll around. Set the meatball on your work surface to see how it settles. This will avoid it rolling over after you assemble the bites. Add the remaining ingredients to the toothpick in the order you want them to be, then press the end of the toothpick into the meatball while it is still sitting on the work surface. Place the entire burger bite on the serving tray and repeat for all meatballs. Cover and refrigerate. Set out about 15 minutes prior to serving to let them come to room temperature.